In order for this application to be processed you must:
- Complete all relevant sections of the form
- Upload/send all required documents (see document list below)
- Send transcript(s) of marks from university(ies) in sealed envelope or request that university send them directly to NSDA.
- Incomplete applications will be denied. Applicants should note that approval of a completed application, including all required documents, may take up to four weeks. If your application is denied, your registration fee will be returned and you will be advised of the reason(s) for the decision and the appeal process
- If your cheque is returned because of insufficient funds (NSF), the application will be held back until payment is honoured. An incomplete application or NSF cheque will delay the processing of your application. There is a penalty of $25.00 for NSF cheques.
If you will be uploading a copy of your birth certificate or citizenship documentation with this application, please make sure it is scanned in PDF or JPG format before you begin.
Alternatively, you can send your copy of your birth certificate or citizenship documentation by regular mail but this will considerably lengthen the time for processing.
These documents are required in order to complete the application.
- Copy of birth certificate or citizenship documentation
- An official transcript of all pertinent courses. Transcripts must be sent to NSDA in a sealed envelope or sent directly to NSDA from the university.
- If your university transcript does not yet state that you have met degree requirements, provide a verification letter from the university indicating completion of degree requirements
- Verification letter from the institution (e.g. internship director) where you completed your practicum program.
Situation Specific Documents
These documents may be required, depending on your situation.
- If English is not first language, proof of English language proficiency may be required.